Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blog Crushes!

Here's another step towards convincing the food-blog-reading internet that I don't hate them. (Although, who am I kidding--this blog is me standing in the corner of a dark room muttering about writers no one has ever heard of being "overly precious"--I'm probably crazier than my buddy Claiborne. Hope there's a special place in heaven for me and Craig to drink $300 bottles of scotch and make fun of how Giada de Laurentiis is dressed. GOD that sounds fun.)

Anyway, just wanted to point people toward sub-genres of food blogs that tend to decidedly not suck: that is, Wisconsin Cheese blogs and Liquor (DEFINITELY not wine) blogs.

Wisconsin Cheese Blogs: Refreshing, On Topic, Sometimes Technical, Written by Ag Majors, Sometimes Adorably Over-Enthusiastic, Slightly Naive, Have Vendettas Against Vermont and California.

Read: Cheese Underground. So You Want To Be A Cheesemaker?.

Booze Blogs: Railing Against The Impossibly Trend-Driven World of Mixed Drinks, Excited about Peat, Witty, Never Twee, Budget Conscious, Drunk.

Read: Alcademics.

No comments: